SISTER MUSEUS COMING HOME

Hen Ke Ai De Jiating (Very Adorable Family).....

That has been my favorite greeting Sister Lauren Museus, my niece, has made during my blogging all of these letters home. I've enjoyed reading her emails each week - I feel more apart of the Museus family than I ever have. I will very much miss receiving her updates each week. It has made me realize how important not just the Lord's that Lauren has accomplished but the sense of FAMILY....she has so much love and adoration for her Mother Jan, my brother Jon and her new found father Jon.

Lauren, WELCOME HOME soon.........

TO EVERYONE: We will keep you posted on the date and time she will arrive!


Love to you all.


Aunt Becky


Sister Lauren Museus New Address

Sister Lauren Museus

Taiwan Taichung Mission498-11

Wu Chuan MissionTaichung, 404-46 Taiwan

R. O. C.

----------------------------------------------------

OR send an email...lauren.museus@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sister Museus, March 21st, 2011

Da Gei He Jiaren (Hello Family), We had an amazing weekend here in Taiping with two wonderul baptisms. I already told you about them so I won't say much. However, it was neat to watch Sister Chen get baptized and to see the here excitement. Luckily, several people came to her baptism from the ward, the senior couple, and other foreigners (since they just got out of a Relief Society activity that was held at our church). I was fortune to introduce the ward to their newest member. They all loved the story I told about her being a self-contact and literally thirsting after more gospel knowledge. Afterwards, Sister Chen couldn't help but for a great big hug. It always nice to see the big changes you make in someone's life. On Sunday, Sister Chen was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. She was also overwhelmed with joy after this experience as well. Sister Gu didn't get baptized until after church since she had no time on Saturday because of her busy schedule. Sister Gu's baptism was just as neat and she was just as thrilled for it as well. She also had a lot of Taiping and Wufeng members come to her baptism. It is so nice to see such a supportive ward. A great friend of Sister Gu even bought her a new bible (since all sister missionaries are kind enough to buy them the triple combinations--most elders do not). Like I have said before, one of my favorite things about my mission is watching completely change their life for the gospel and to watch them make so many sacrifices for it. I can't wait to tell you more, Family, about my mission and many amazing stories I can tell you. However, for the most part you know the majority of them. Today, I went and got my second hair cut since I have been out here (I know suprising since I do love getting a lot of hair cuts). I took advantage of the opportunity since I have a native companion who can tell the hair dresser what exactly I want. I had a man do it which was a bit different, but overall he did a good job (even though my side bangs are a little shorter than I would have liked). However, I am not getting another one until I arrive home (since I do miss my own hair dresser). Both times going to the hair salon for me has been very nerve-racking since I know they have very weird styles of hair here. But, it turned out pretty well and now I have no split-ends and healthy hair (that only cost me 6 dollars). The rest of the day will be spent writing letters since I have a lot to write since everyone decided to write me back at the same time. John, I am glad that you had fun in Phoenix watching baseball games. I would have loved doing that with you. I do miss spending time with you and the family, especially the fun trips we would take to Phoenix. Don't worry too much about me. I did hear about the terrible earthquake and tsnami that hit Japan, but nothing has happened here in Taiwan. I'm glad you and my Mom will be spending time in New Orleans. Please tell me all about your fun trip and please take pictures. I have never been there too so give me all of the details. Have a great birthday John. Happy birthday on March 27th! I am sorry that I haven't got your gift sent off yet. I promise to send it next week. I need to finish ordering it for you. Please forgive me (I've been bad lately and sending things on time to you and the family). Please tell me how your birthday goes. I love you John and can't wait to see you and the family in almost 5 months! Mom, I do miss spending time with you all and the special St. Patty's dinner that you get each year (with the delectable sugar cookies). If you recall, March 17th was when I left for the MTC. So now I have been on my mission for over a year; weird. It feels like I haven't seen you all for so long, but at the same time I don't feel like I've been gone for that long since the weeks here fly by so fast. I will even miss April Fool's Day since I know this is one of your favorite holidays since you play so many tricks on everyone. You should definitely tell me the plans you have this year for everyone :). Alex and Whit are back on a diet and running every day. It sounds like fun; not. I know exactly how they feel since I am doing the same thing with eating lots of veggies and fruit and no carbs. I have lost some weight. Hopefully it continues as I try to eat less and not cheat at all. It was funny to hear that Whit isn't completely sticking to the diet; I guess it happens to the best of us :). I also hate diets; who in their right mind likes them? Anyways, it's good to hear that PJ and Mama Norma are back in Phx. I better the relaxing environment and weather helps them. I do continue to pray for them and the rest of the family. The wedding dress shopping sounded like fun. I do wish I could have gone as well. I miss spending time with all of you each and every day. However, it will be so exciting to talk to you in May and then have some of you come and visit me (I would love to show you all around in Taiwan and the places I lived). Mom, let me know how long you want to be in Taiwan and if you still want to go to China. I would love to do whatever you would like to do. Mom, I'm glad to hear that you have a fun calling in Relief Society. I hope this great calling will help you go back to Relief Society and attend some of the fun activities they do together. I do love and miss you every day Mom. I can't wait to see you in the near future and give the biggest hug. I will definitely look forward to this day. Please remember you are loved by everyone! I love you all family very much. I would love to hear from more of you. Alex and Whit owe some pictures and some of the adventure stories they went on in Rome. Alex, you need to send me your article of your store (you can just scan and send it through the computer). You haven't given me much of an update on your store just as with advertising, your employees, the business, the clothes, etc. I would love to hear more about your great boutique. I will let you know how this next Monday goes since it is another move-call day (which I always hate). I may or may not have a new companion or I might even move; who knows. I love you all and please continue to make righteous decisions. Here are some great photos from the two baptismal services.

No comments:

Post a Comment