SISTER MUSEUS COMING HOME

Hen Ke Ai De Jiating (Very Adorable Family).....

That has been my favorite greeting Sister Lauren Museus, my niece, has made during my blogging all of these letters home. I've enjoyed reading her emails each week - I feel more apart of the Museus family than I ever have. I will very much miss receiving her updates each week. It has made me realize how important not just the Lord's that Lauren has accomplished but the sense of FAMILY....she has so much love and adoration for her Mother Jan, my brother Jon and her new found father Jon.

Lauren, WELCOME HOME soon.........

TO EVERYONE: We will keep you posted on the date and time she will arrive!


Love to you all.


Aunt Becky


Sister Lauren Museus New Address

Sister Lauren Museus

Taiwan Taichung Mission498-11

Wu Chuan MissionTaichung, 404-46 Taiwan

R. O. C.

----------------------------------------------------

OR send an email...lauren.museus@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sister Museus, July 11th, 2011

Da Jia Hao (Hello Everyone), It was so good to hear that your 4th of July went well. Ours here in Taiwan was pretty fun as well. We were able to take our American friends (who are English teachers and found this job opportunity from BYU; their names are Nathan and Carly Weller) along for the ride. We biked to Fengshan (30 minutes away from Daliao) to celebrate the 4th of the July with more missionaries. We had some fun eating at a fake American restaurant (meaning the food tried to be American style, but wasn't very good). It was funny to see Nathan order a huge steak and ended up eating only half of it because of how much fat was on it. In addition, the steak was only pan fried as well. Anyways, afterwards we went on the subway system (which is good that I did so I can show all of you had to use it) so we could head over to a haunted house. On the way there we stopped at took some fun pictures at some statues. Once we got there all of the sister missionaries including the couple decided not to go in, but you would all be suprised that I decided to go and give it a try. I wasn't quite sure if it was okay for a missionary to do, but in the end it wasn't even scary. There was just one particular part that scared me a bit where a real lady jumped out of the mirror. Other than this scene, all of the rest were operated by machine and had not other scary people coming out at you. After we go back we showed our American friends around and then went shopping for food and such. However, on the way back we stopped at a fun shoe store and I bought my first pair of real cute shoes (that the American couple and a new missionary said they were really in style; hopefully you all will like them). Nothing too exciting happened over the week. The work has been a bit slow since Daliao is such a small town. However, Sister Lee and I are getting along really well and are striving to get our investigators moving along. Lately, we've been going to less-actives' houses and trying to get them back to church (since there are about 300 members in Daliao and only about 50 come to church); however, we haven't had much success. Because of this (and that the work is slow), we will be doing more contacting and tracting in order to have more investigators. Nevertheless, we do have some great progressing investigators who will most likely be baptized this month and one in particular will be baptized on Whit's B-day. Sister Guo is from China and has loved learning about the gospel. Her husband is actually a less-active member and is still living in China. However, Sister Guo is doing great and loves reading the Book of Mormon. She has told us on several occasions how much the gospel has blessed her life and has changed her attitude (especially when she reads the BOM). She is awesome, but is most likely going to move to the Fengshan area (since she already knew this we've been getting her to attend the other ward since she will most likely get baptized there). Because of this she can't count as one of our investigators, but as a referral, but that's okay. Sister Lee and I have just loved watching her continue to grow in the gospel. Sister Wang is also very close to baptism, but her parents oppose her baptism. She is 17-yrs-old and loves reading the BOM. Within just 2 weeks she read all the way through 2 Nephi and started marking her favorite scriptures (without us suggesting this). Sister Wang is great, but we still need to develop her faith and confidence and in the near future visit her parents and see if we can get permission for her baptism. This might work (it has in the past), but these are always tough and sticky situations. In addition, we found out she wants to go on a mission since she has been reading Sister Lee's blog that is all about her mission. I ended up giving her my blog since she wanted to read about my mission as well. We are also teaching a mother named Sister Lin. She is awesome and met us through eating at her restaurant (which is next door to the church). She loves coming to church and hearing the members bear testimony to her. She even reads the BOM to her family and has taught her husband how to pray. However, she can only come to church for an hour because of work. So, this is another sticky situation that we need to work with since she needs to come to church for all three hours. I did fail to mention that on Thursday I was able to spend the entire day with Sister Cooper (the African American who I was MTC buddies with) in Fengshan. President Bishop has decided that the junior companions all need to be more acquainted with the new Fundamental of Preach My Gospel. In addition, many of the new missionaries coming out on the field have struggled a lot (emotionally). Because of this, President Bishop had a meeting with all of the junior companions and so I was able to spend the day with Sister Cooper. We had a blast doing missionary work together and talking about the fun experiences that we've had. She was able to take me to a famous restaurant known for the baozi (which is steamed bread with stuff inside). We were both on diets, but we decided to give these a try since I had never been there before and had such yummy baozi. We ended up getting delectable baozis (ones with cheese, pineapple and cheese, and real chocolate). They were all very good. We were suppose to meet our companions at 6, but got a call from the assistant that there was another meeting going on that Sister Cooper should have been to. Since our zone leaders didn't tell us this, our junior companions had to go the meeting for her. Sister Cooper was pretty upset, but we just ended up going to dinner with one of her investigators while we waited for our companions to return. Since I was outside in the dead heat all day with Sister Cooper I ended up getting pretty burnt on my arms, chest, hands, and face. However, it has turned into a nice missionary tan . Today, we showed our American friends around Daliao again for 2 hours. We just showed them some yummy places to eat that were near the church, had lunch together, and then went to a fun Pawn shop. Everyone seemed to enjoy since we all came out with a little something. I have found they are still one of my favorite places to shop at since it is cheap and full of Taiwanese culture items. Nothing else has happened today. I will be spending more time on the computer since I have to send some pictures and a miracle story to the mission office so they can get something prepared for me before I finish my mission. In addition, this Thursday is Zone Conference where I will be giving my reflection talk. It's weird to think that I'm almost done and now have to give a final talk to the all the missionaries in the South. I failed to mention that last night we had fun going over an investigator's house named Any (he's from Nigeria and very good-looking). The lesson went really well and he was such a gentlemen. It was definitely weird teaching the gospel in English (I never thought I would get to that point). Anyways, I thought I would mention this since I do have a slight crush on him and I would know that Paige would be all over him (since she does like African American me, hehe). Whit, I'm so glad that you are preparing yourself for the trip here to Taiwan. Here are some answers to your questions (heads up to everyone). It is going to still be very hot in August with the humidity at its peak. So please don't try and look pretty. I suggest not bring a straightener since you will want to pull it up since it is so hot (and plus I have mine that you can use). In addition, just bring shorts because you will not be comfortable in pants because it is so hot. Whit, it is the rainy season so it will occasionally rain, but we can buy real cheap rain jackets at a Seven here that will work just fine. Whit, please do me a favor and bring my summer clothes with you or have some our other sister help you. I just don't want to wear missionary attire when I am with you all and my stuff is looking a bit shabby since I've been wearing the same thing each week for a year. Just bring some of my longs shirts and t-shirts that you will find in my closet and drawers (remember I took over Alex's side and drawers as well). Also, please make an appointment for me with Jen (our hair dresser or ask Paige to do this). You already know when we are returning home so make it the following day if you can. Also, make sure all of you bring 2 suitcases since I have a lot of stuff I need to give each of you and for shopping purposes as well. Whit, what would you like for your b-day? Would you rather have some kind of cultural item, shoes, jewelry? I hope it's okay with you that I won't be sending your gift and will just give it to you when I see you. I hope that is okay with you, but please tell me what you would like. Miss you Whitie. Mom, thanks for telling about the 4th of July. You are such a trooper and saint for allowing so many people to stay at the house. I hope Phx is okay when you go down for Whit's B-day after the huge dust storm that they just had. I hope Whit soon feels better after being under the weather. Thanks Madre for preparing my room and closet for me. However, I guess you took a look of my clothes and noticed they were a bit out of style, whoops. I guess you all will have to help me out with this. I surprised to hear that you will be okay traveling by scooter. This is the most easy and convenient way to get around in Taiwan. But, it is more dangerous so it is completely up to you on how we should travel. I know you do need some kind of international license, but I don't know at all about it. I will try and ask around, but that is all I can do. I will try my best and let you know next week what I find out. Mom, have you set up the hotels in each of the three cities? Do you need any additional information? I am getting closer at being done with our plans. I am just writing descriptions down of each of the places and figuring out what we should go and see each day. I am trying to narrow it down and see how much we can get done each day. Mom, I would love to take Lexie's spot at the office when I return home. I do need to save up some money and start studying for GRE (masters test) and I would like to get my insurance license on the side. Thanks for your help Mom and allowing me to go work at the office. My sisters will definitely have to show what to do since I don't remember a lot. Also, Mom please make an apt. for me with the dentist as soon as I get home. I would love to get them checked to make sure they are okay. And if Whit doesn't get around to calling Jen for me please do that as well. Love you lots and miss you. Love you Fam and can't wait to see you so soon! I'm sorry I didn't send more pics again, especially of my 4th of July. I promise to do it next week. Love you all!!! Love you Always,Sister Museus

No comments:

Post a Comment