Dearest Family, It was so good to hear from many of you today. Things are still going pretty well in Tanzi and Fengyuan. We are very excited that Sister Lin we'll be getting baptized this weekend. She is very ready and prepared. She even quit her job so she could attend church on Sundays. The other day Sister Lin was wondering what she should do in her life and it was so perfect at the moment to bring up fasting to her (and this was what we planned on teaching with her) and help her understand that through this great blessing we can receive answers through life's difficult questions and what decisions we needed to make with important matters. Sister Lin is amazing and it's so neat so see her shining countenance continue to grow as we teach her more about the restored gospel. Not a lot has happened over the past few days (since my last email). Yesterday, we had dinner with the Fengyuan bishop and his wife (and with the Fengyuan elders--since we got permission to do so). It was neat to get to know them even better (since it's been a struggle getting to know a lot of the members since my companion and cover to wards that go to two different buildings for church). However, I have to admit that their food wasn't good at all. Mom, I miss you cooking more and more each day. I miss a home-cooked meal that is free of oil. I feel like I'm about the only missionary who doesn't like Taiwanese food, even my companion Sister Howard loves it (but she doesn't eat much of it because it's not healthy and makes you feel real gross. Since I know you all very well and I know John is about the only person who would like their food here. Don't worry family, I will only take you to places that are edible and something that you would enjoy (when you come and get me). Last night my companion and I were able to attend a missionary meeting held in Tanzi. The Tanzi ward is one of the best wards I've seen because of how much they care about us and our investigators. The meeting last night was about how to get more investigators to church, how to get more baptisms, and how to help our recent converts. In addition, the Tanzi bishop was smart enough to call several (about 10 or so) ward missionaries to help out with the missionary work (especially since less missionaries are being sent to Taiwan--I think it has to do with the success rate we've been having here). Since there are less missionaries in Taiwan the bishop had the great idea to call more ward missionaries to help the missionaries out and get more people baptized. It was neat to watch the Tanzi members work together and ask many questions. In addition, they are developing a Ward Mission Plan so we can continue to see success. It's so neat to see a ward like this who cares and is willing to help us in any way possible. We have some other great investigators who continue to progress in the gospel. My companion and I hope to get more people to church since it's been a struggle getting them to come, especially whey we have to spilt each Sunday since we cover two wards in two separate buildings. However, I know if we continue to work hard and make sure we strive to get more people committed to come to church things will work out and miracles will continue to happen. I failed to mention that last week my companion and I ate lunch at a park and when we got to our bikes (after eating lunch) someone had stolen by delicious bread. The person didn't even steal my coat or any of my other belongings in my bike (nor any of my companion's stuff) just the cranberry and yogurt bread that I got in Taichung. We had a good laugh about it, especially since they stole nothing else; and this is the only thing that I have had stolen from me while being in Taiwan. Today, my companion and I went to the church so we could watch some movies. We ended up watching "Mountain of the Lord", which is about the building of SLC temple and some other short church movies. I love the D&C DVD the Mom sent me. We watched a few clips off of it and plan on watching a lot more next week. Thank you Mom for this great gift. Paige, it was so good to hear from you. I'm glad you were all able to meet more of our relatives from the Philippines. I'm sure they had fun in the snow with everyone, hehe. I'm pretty jealous that you all went to a Dashboard concert together, especially since they music I listen to these days consists of hymns, EFY, MOTAB, etc. I have to admit that when I here a good American song on (which is pretty rare here), I usually end up singing along and kind of dancing to it. Sometimes I can help myself since I can't listen to any of it. I'm glad you found a wedding dress that you loved and that wasn't $6,000. In addition, I'm glad that you are finally picking a wedding date, but I do wish you would wait until I come home in August (but I understand why you need to do it in June or July if you end up moving away with Charles). I will sure miss you when you leave, but I hope at least that you can come to Taiwan. The weather here is actually pretty cold. We bundle up each day (since most days I can see my breath). We are the farthest north in my mission so it gets pretty cold. I do wear a coat each day (but it's just a wind-breaker coat) so I have to add more layers on. In addition, I end up wearing the knee socks Mom bought me so I can keep my legs warm. However, today is a pretty warm day since the sun is out. Whit, I love getting emails from you. The ward keeps asking about me? I'm glad that I am still being missed a bit there :). I will send more pictures of baptism for you since you always ask for them (which I love when you do). I will send you more next week of Sister Lin's baptism. School seems a bit tough for you, but keep on truckin' and I know you will do just find. I can't believe that you watched a birth and a C-section. I remember watching a live birth in Africa and thought it was pretty nasty. This is why I could never be a nurse since stuff like that grosses me out. You amaze me Whit that you can handle this (as well as Paige and Ash). I do worry about Mama Norma and I do hope that she can make it until I return home. She is continually in my prayers (as well as the rest of you). Mom, I hope you get feeling better. I know how bad it is when you get colds. People are very funny here when it comes to being sick. Everyone will wear a face mask when they're sick even when they just have a cold. They will even go to the hospital for about any kind of sickness as well. However, I'm glad you and the family were able to spend some time with our relatives from the Philippines. I'm sure they had a blast doing winter activities and having dinners and luncheons with everyone. I do wish I could give a hug right now too Mom. I'm worried about you and Mama Norma. I do hope that she can somehow get better. I do not want to see her pass away before I come home. She is constantly in my prayers (as well the rest of the family). I made sure to put her on the prayer list when I was at the temple. Maybe you should go to the temple Mom. I know you feel a lot of peace and comfort. In addition, it will provide you with more strength to get through each day. I love you Mom dearly and I so sorry that I cannot be there for you right now (as well as John since he just lost his mom). Please keep me updated and I promise to always keep Mama Norma in my prayers and the family as well. I'm glad to hear that things went well with the funeral and the whole family was able to attend and support John and his family. I love you all dearly. Please help out Mom and John as much as you can. Keep Mama Norma in your prayers and help her out when you can. Please, Please send me some Proactiv (step 2 that is liquid in a green bottle). I'm about out and this is what has been keeping my face clear. Please send three bottles if you can. In addition, I only have 1 month left of the birth control pills, which has been a blessing on my mission since I barely have a period. Please get a new subscription for me and send me them. It would be a blessing if you will (I take the low-osterol kind that I got from mom's doctor). Please send these two things for me as soon as you can. It would help me so much. Well, this computer isn't allowing me to send pictures to you all today. Please forgive and I promise to mail and email you some next week. Love you all dearly! Love you always,Sister Museus
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment