SISTER MUSEUS COMING HOME

Hen Ke Ai De Jiating (Very Adorable Family).....

That has been my favorite greeting Sister Lauren Museus, my niece, has made during my blogging all of these letters home. I've enjoyed reading her emails each week - I feel more apart of the Museus family than I ever have. I will very much miss receiving her updates each week. It has made me realize how important not just the Lord's that Lauren has accomplished but the sense of FAMILY....she has so much love and adoration for her Mother Jan, my brother Jon and her new found father Jon.

Lauren, WELCOME HOME soon.........

TO EVERYONE: We will keep you posted on the date and time she will arrive!


Love to you all.


Aunt Becky


Sister Lauren Museus New Address

Sister Lauren Museus

Taiwan Taichung Mission498-11

Wu Chuan MissionTaichung, 404-46 Taiwan

R. O. C.

----------------------------------------------------

OR send an email...lauren.museus@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 5, 2010

Sister Museus, May 31, 2010

Hey everyone, Thank you mom and everyone else for bringing my stuff for me. I apologize for asking for way too much. I know I will be set for a long time in Taiwan so don't worry about me. My roommates even helped me dye my hair which was really nice of them. I also apologize mom for not being able to talk to you. I know you wanted me to keep talking and I did too, but I could only explain my situation to you. I was suprised myself that they allowed me to talk to you. The majority of the time they will talk to you as I tell them what to say, but luckily I talked to the girl secretary and she willing to let me talk to you for a second. Everything is going fine here. I'm pretty much freaking out because I hate change and I finally got use to this place. However, I know it's time for me to go and teach the people in Taiwan and help them know of the sweetness that this Gospel brings in our lives. Too often we take the most precious things in our lives for granted such as family, friends, where we live, the job we have, the opportunities we get to have in life, and of course the gospel. Too many of us fail to realize the importance of family and the gospel. You tend to get use the fact that they will always be there; however, they can only be there if we take the time to be appreciated of them and take advantage of them as well. Being brought up in the gospel we tend to forget what it feels like not to have the spirit in our lives. I know through experience that we can feel closer to dad as we strive to live the gospel, seek for the spirit, and love our family. On Tuesday of last week we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Todd D. Christofferson from the quorom of the twelve. Luckily, we got excellent seat and were really close to him. He spoke about the importance of teaching with the Spirit and how it is a gift they we can have in our lives. I pondered about this for quite some time and realized the importance of his words. As a teacher it takes up to 2-3 weeks just to understand the children's needs for each subject area in class. You have to continually observe and kind a variety of different assessments in order to understand how they learn best and what they strengths and weaknesses are in all areas. However, as a missionary you only have basically 3 weeks to get them baptized. The Spirit is so crucial to have as a missionary so within 15 minutes or so from meeting the person, you understand what they need to hear about the gospel and how it can benefit their lives. In addition, with contacts and door knocking you don't have any time to get to know their needs. This is also where you need to have the Spirit with you so you can know what message to give to the investigator to help them understand the importance of the gospel. It was neat to come to this conclusion and realize how essential the Spirit is in all of our lives. Too often we fail to realize that we can have a member of the Godhead with us at all times if we continue to seek after it and follow the strait and narrow path. The Spirit is the most sensitive person you will meet, but he can also greatly benefit our lives by bringing us comfort, strength, encouragement, happiness, etc. Please everyone strive to have the Spirit with you at all times and I know each of you will be blessed. I pray for each of you continually to do your best, to avoid tempations in your life, and to receive the tender mercies you need in your life to know that our Father in Heaven loves as well as our Savior. I can't wait to talk to all of you tomorrow. I apologize for the confusion last time. Remember I will call you around 2 pm maybe even earlier or later depending on the security in LA. I hear that there is secret passage way for people who have already gone through security so we are going to try and find it. I will try and call you on Mom's cell phone first and then the office, since most of you will probably be there. I will be able to talk to you for 2 hours or more so try and have those hours open because I won't be able to talk to until Christmas. Don't send any Dear Elder or letters to the MTC anymore. You can still send Dear Elder letters to Taiwan, but it costs more than sending a regular letter. I forgot our Aunt Becky's (in Washington) email. So please send this to her and give me her address. She started up a blog for me which will come in handy for you and anyone else as well as for me when I get back. I will be able to email you for an hour next week and the rest of the time. I will also be able to upload my pictures to you through email, but I will also make sure to send them to you as well. You can always print them out on a flash drive at Wal-Mart or any other store with the flash drive. Please let the bank know I will be leaving tomorrow for Taiwan because when I get there I do need to pay for my bike and other small items (around 450 dollars). I love you all and I will send you my Taiwan address in just a minute! Take care and miss you! I will call you tomorrow, I can't wait! Love you Always,Sister Museus

No comments:

Post a Comment